Getting rid of unwanted body hair is an essential part of your beauty regime. There are millions of different products and ways in which the hair removal is performed. There are millions of sources from where you may find the waxing techniques, especially the ‘Do-It-Yourself” techniques which show you how to wax your skin at home. There are many recipes which can be tried at home, but they may lead to adverse consequences if some important aspects are ignored. So, in this article we will discuss sugar waxing techniques. We will learn how to make sugar wax at home. We will learn different variations of how to make sugar wax and apply it for hair removal that will be varied according to differences in preferences, skin etc.
Why Sugar Waxing
Sugar waxing is a choice of many women who want to find a sustainable waxing solution for their regular use. The reason for choosing a sugar wax is:
- They can be used without fear of skin irritations due to unnatural chemicals in wax. Sugar wax is completely natural.
- Learning how to make sugar wax paste often solves a very common problem women face after hair removal, ingrown hair.
- It is less painful than other skin friendly and self sufficient methods such as epillating.
How to make sugar wax at home:
If you are a beginner and you are not quite sure how to make a sugar wax paste at home, you must keep reading. Below are the things you will need to make and apply your natural wax.
Things you need:
- Caster Sugar or Granulated sugar 1 cup (100gms)
- A thick bottom sauce pan
- A spatula or ice cream stick
- Lemon juice 1/4th cup
- Water 1/4th cup
- Wax stips or muslin cloth.
- Baby powder.
Preparing the sugar wax paste:
If you are thinking that making how to make the sugar wax paste and how to make your own sugar wax then read these easy steps:
- Pour the ingredients in the pan.
- Mix them well.
- Heat the pan.
- Keep stirring.
- Keep the flame medium for 5 to 6 minutes.
- The mixture will turn golden.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Take some cool water in a bowl.
- Take out the mixture when you think you can hold it but it is still hot.
- Remember to take out when the temperature is bearable.
Application of the Sugar Wax:
Take a deep breath and get started with a few things in mind.
- Keep the bowl of sugar wax, Ice cream sticks and a bowl of water handy.
- Make sure that the sugar has cooled down.
- The cooled down mixture hardens and tries to be formed if you try to take it out with an ice cream stick.
- Once the mixture cools, apply some water on your palms and put a small amount of mixture, maybe the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Stretch the mixture with your hand and put them together.
- Knead like things for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Keep applying water to your hand when the mixture starts to stick.
- The wax will turn opaque by this procedure and also get hardened.
- Apply some baby powder on your skin. This powder absorbs any sweat or oil on the skin.
- Apply the paste on your skin in the opposite direction of your hair growth. You can do this with an ice cream stick, by using it like a spatula.
- Pull the hardened paste from your skin in the direction of hair growth which means opposite to the direction you applied it.
Do’s and Don’ts
You need to keep in mind certain things if you are learning how to make how to make hard sugar wax or your own sugar wax at home. How to make sugar wax paste instructions come with a set of cautions you need to avoid and some are must do.
- Please let the sugar paste cool before touching it with hands because sugar can boil up to a temperature of 260 degrees. If you don’t cool it down, it will burn your skin completely.
- Skip the kneading part if you think that the paste is too hot for you. You may use an ice cream to apply it on your arms instead.
- Remember to apply some baby powder before applying sugar wax because sugar will not stick to your hair if there is any trace of oil or water.
- Exfoliate your skin to avoid any infection or ingrown hair problems.
- Don’t panic if you see that the wax paste is changing colour. The sugar paste with removed hair and your dead skin cells is bound to change colour.
- Remember in how to make sugar wax paste we told you to apply it in the opposite direction of hair growth and pull it in the direction of hair growth. This special technique will ensure that the hair follicles grow naturally in the natural direction thus preventing ingrowth.
- You may use cornstarch or rice powder if you do not have baby powder with you. Pick whatever suits you and does not irritate your skin.
- To get a greater understanding of your hair growth pattern just run your fingers gently on your skin and note which direction the hair is standing up if you brush your finger that way. Note that direction, it will be the best direction to apply your wax, i.e. the direction opposite to growth.
- If the wax seems too sticky after using it for a while, use it on a muslin cloth and repeat the process using the cloth like a wax strip.
Learning how to make sugar wax paste can be a life saver for you!
Remember that each person has a comfortable style of waxing that suits best for that person. If after trying it for a time you feel it is not working for you, then stop. No need to repeat the process. The sugar waxing leaves your skin smooth because it also takes away dead skin cells and even little traces of hair on your skin. If you are thinking how to make sugar wax for underarms, don’t worry, the same process will apply there. Just in case of underarms, you need to be sure that the wax is not hot and the skin is stretched while applying. This will make sure that it does not hurt you while pulling the wax off.